OUR LADY OF SORROWS ADMISSION AND TUITION POLICIES
Our Lady of Sorrows School is a Parish School and therefore the admission procedure is as follows:
- Students who are currently enrolled in Our Lady of Sorrows School.
- Students of families who are current, participating members of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish.
- Non-parish Catholic students who currently have a brother or sister enrolled in Our Lady of Sorrows School.
- Non-parish Catholic students who qualify.
- Non-Catholics who qualify and agree to the school's religious instructions policy.
Participating Parish Member Definition
Registered Parishioners of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish with children in Our Lady of Sorrows School are expected to contribute regularly to the church a minimum of $20.00 per Sunday or make other specific arrangements with the Pastor as mutually agreed. Parishioners are also to worship regularly and participate in parish programs and activities. The School Committee and the Principal, in conjunction with the Pastor, reserves the right to determine membership status for tuition purposes. Those families not meeting expectations will be charged the non-participating tuition rates.
Student enrollment will be judged on an individual basis. At the discretion of the Principal, an admissions test in math and reading may be administered to each new student entering grades 1 through 8 prior to acceptance. As warranted, other records may be sought prior to acceptance. Factors to be considered include, but are not limited, to parish participation, past scholastic, and citizenship records.
FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED:
Registration for currently enrolled students and brothers and sisters normally takes place early in the second semester. A non-refundable deposit of $125, not applicable to the total tuition cost, must be paid upon submission of the contract. Before families may re-register students for the coming year, they must have paid in full the prior year's tuition and any other amount due to the school or parish. Acceptance of siblings is not automatic.
If presently registered families do not re-register and pay the non-refundable deposit of $125 on or before the end of February, students will be placed on a waiting list and new students will be accepted.
FAMILIES WITHOUT STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED:
New student registration normally takes place early in the second semester. An Open House is held for interested families to view the facilities, meet with staff, and complete an application for enrollment. A non-refundable/non-transferable application fee of $175 is due with the application.
- The annual school tuition will be determined after the Pastor reviews the recommendations from the School Committee and the Principal.
- The Pastor, using a process agreed upon with the Administration and Finance Commission will determine participating member status for families requesting In-Parish rates.
- Prepaid tuition is due in full on or before June 30th prior to the start date in the fall.
- If families elect the payment plan, tuition is divided into ten (10) monthly installments beginning March 1st .
- Seventy five percent of the tuition must be paid prior to the start of school with the remaining tuition due in full by December 31st of the current school year.
- If tuition is not paid according to the payment schedule, and suitable arrangements have not been made, the student (s) will be excluded from classes.
- No student will be admitted to the second semester unless all tuition is paid in full. Students will not be allowed to enroll for the next school year and will be placed on a waiting list unless all tuition is paid in full for the current school year.
- All tuition and miscellaneous fees must be paid in full before final grades are submitted and the student is considered for graduation or promotion to the next grade.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- The new family application fee is not refundable/non-transferable.
- The registration fee paid at the time of registration is not refundable/non-transferable.
- For students withdrawing from school at the request of the school administration, a pro-rata refund of tuition other then the registration fee will be made at the discretion of the Principal and/or Pastor.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing after tuition has been paid, families will be responsible for paying the cost of each quarter the student has completed. Should the student leave upon the start of the quarter final payment will include the full quarter.
- Families, who withdraw from Our Lady of Sorrows School for reasons other than relocation or other exceptional circumstances, will only be readmitted on a case by case basis and will be considered as part of the general population applying for admittance.
- Refunds will be processed after the student has withdrawn from the school.