OUR LADY OF SORROWS ADMISSION AND TUITION POLICIES
Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School is a Parish School and therefore the admission procedure is as follows:
- Students who are currently enrolled in Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School.
- Siblings of students who are currently enrolled in Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School.
- Students of families who are current, participating members of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish.
- Non-parish member Catholic students who qualify.
- Non-Catholics who qualify and agree to the school's religious instructions policy.
Participating Parish Member Definition
Registered Parishioners of Our Lady of Sorrows Parish who have children enrolled in Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic School are expected to worship regularly, fully participate in the sacramental life of the parish, participate in parish programs and activities, and support the parish financially. The Pastor, in conjunction with the Parish Finance Council, will determine member status for tuition purposes. Those families not meeting expectations will be charged the non-participating tuition rates.
Student enrollment will be judged on an individual basis. Prior to acceptance, an admissions test in math will be administered to each new student entering grades 1 through 8, and an admissions test in reading will be administered to each new student entering grades 1 through 5. Additional testing may be required if deemed necessary. As warranted, other records may be sought prior to acceptance. Factors to be considered include, but are not limited to, parish participation, past scholastic performance, and citizenship records.
FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED:
Registration for currently enrolled students and siblings normally begins in mid-December. A non-refundable deposit of $150, not applicable to the total tuition cost, must be paid upon submission of the contract. Before families may re-register students for the coming year, they must have paid in full the prior year's tuition and any other amount due to the school or parish. Acceptance of siblings is not automatic.
If presently registered families do not re-register and pay the non-refundable deposit of $150 on or before the end of January, students may be placed on a waiting list.
FAMILIES WITHOUT STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED:
New student registration normally begins in late January. An Open House is held for interested families to view the facilities, meet with staff, and complete an application for enrollment. A non-refundable/non-transferable application fee of $150 is due with the application.
- The annual school tuition will be determined after the Pastor reviews the recommendations from the Parish Finance Council and the Principal.
- The Pastor, in conjunction with the Parish Finance Commission, will determine participating member status for families requesting In-Parish rates.
- Prepaid tuition is due in full on or before June 30th prior to the start date in the fall.
- If families elect the payment plan, tuition is divided into ten (10) monthly installments beginning March 1st.
- Sixty percent of the tuition must be paid prior to the start of school, with the remaining tuition due in full by December 31st of the current school year.
- If tuition is not paid according to the payment schedule, and suitable arrangements have not been made, the student (s) will be excluded from classes.
- No student will be admitted to the second semester unless all tuition is paid in full. Students will not be allowed to enroll for the next school year and will be placed on a waiting list unless all tuition is paid in full for the current school year.
- All tuition and miscellaneous fees must be paid in full before final grades are submitted and the student is considered for graduation or promotion to the next grade.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- The registration or new student application fee must be paid and is not refundable, not applicable to tuition, and is non-transferable.
- For students withdrawing from school at the request of the school administration, a quarterly prorated refund of tuition will be made at the discretion of the Principal and/or Pastor.
- For students voluntarily withdrawing after tuition has been paid, families will be refunded tuition for the quarters that the student has not yet started. Should the student withdraw at any time during the quarter, the family will be charged the tuition for that quarter.
- Refunds will be processed after the student has withdrawn from the school.
- Families, who withdraw from Our Lady of Sorrows School for reasons other than relocation or other exceptional circumstances, will only be readmitted on a case by case basis and will be considered as part of the general population applying for admittance.